Tuesday, March 04, 2014

© Neil Feigeles, Tuesday, March 4, 2014,  25" x 22.75" Digital art 

Lily and Herman Munster © Neil Feigeles, March 4, 2014, Illustrated in photoshop. This weeks sketch is of one of my favorite television couples ever. Growing up, the 1960's brought us many an enjoyable sit-com. But none, except possibly The Adams Family, successfully used the horror genre as The Munsters did. Its possibly why both, enjoyed as much commercial and pop-cultural success. As for me it was possibly the coolest show on television. Every character perfectly created to live in the shows TV world. And yes, I wanted Eddie Munster to be my friend! Fred Gwynne and Yvonne De Carlo both helped bring to life two of of the most amazingly enjoyable monsters to ever grace our television sets. 

Below is a chart of the finished sketch as I created it using my bamboo pen. No tracing,  just drawing from scratch just like the good old days of pencil on paper, but with the benefit of modern technology. 

No comments: