Thursday, November 01, 2007

A tribute to a friend....


Suddenly and without warning, This past summer, my friend Joe Wortman was gone. Joseph was supposed to perform along with myself and the current cast of Line on Friday and Saturday at The Thirteenth Street Repertory Company, when unexpectedly, he didn't show. That Saturday, the sad sad truth was discovered about his passing.

Losing a friend is always a sad event, but in losing Joseph's companionship I discovered that I was just one of many who had felt the magic of his spirit while he graced us with his presence. At his wake, it was amazing to learn how one person could effect so many in such a personal positve way.

As my last post explained, I had the chance to perform at Line's 40th anniversary celebration at LaMama in May. I will treasure this experience now, for it was one of the last times I had the opportunity to perform with Joseph on stage.

One of the reasons I decided to take time off was to deal with Joseph's passing. Now that I am returning to the stage in November I'm dedicating my performaces at TSRC in his memory.

So Joseph, enjoy the show. Always Neil

No comments: