Wednesday, June 01, 2016

DONALD 'TRUMP' DRUMPF: CON MAN, LIAR, CROOK, 
AND THOSE ARE HIS BEST QUALITIES 
I don't usually do caricatures, but I needed to get the orange faced buffoon out of my system
Donald 'Trump' Drumpf:  Con Man, Liar & Crook, & those are his best qualities. © Neil Feigeles 2016

Even since Donald Trump decided to officially become a candidate for the Presidency I've been biting my lip, trying to somehow skip doing a sketch or finished illustration of him. Though all my years of doing artwork, for the most part I've been lucky that I've never had to do anyone or anything that makes me really angry or sick.
The closest I ever came was in college, where we were given the assignment to illustrate something. And whatever you got, no matter what, you had to do it. Well mine was abortion, and I was given the assignment to be against it. 
While I am not pro-abortion, I am pro rights for women to choose. Prove to me there is a God and that he or she is against it, not some religious leader or zealot, then I'll believe, but until there is, my belief is, its now of my business. So in protest, I illustrated a baby hanging on a meat hook, in a butchers freezer. Its from a sick joke I had heard as a kid, Whats small, Red and Swings? A baby on a meat hook of course. Well when I hung the assignment on the wall for class discussion, the reactions were quite amazing. And our instructor actually liked what I had come with. Seeing that I hated the subject, and that I took something and made a statement on it. The best part he actually liked my art. Yeah! I'm not known for being an editorial artist, so I was very happy that for once my art made a statement.
Well, back to the art, a few days back I decided to attempt my hand at The Donald, and after a day of sketching out ideas, I decided to illustrate my ideas more as a caricature then just a representative portrait of him. And decided to do  a trifecta of heads, showing him in several of his worst expressions. Revealing the hate within him. 
Well as showcased above, this is what I came up with. Hope you like. I decided to showcase it on my political blog today.
When I wrote a piece on Hillary's delightful twitter bombing of Trump all afternoon.

If you get the chance, please check it out. Here's the link: 
http://neilizms.blogspot.com/2016/06/seems-twitter-war-is-on-and-surprise.html


Below is the art in stages.






Until next time, 
Neil

No comments: