Thursday, June 02, 2016


MAYBE THE SECOND TIMES THE CHARM

Guess it pays to keep everything when you're actor


The life of an actor... How funny, yesterday I was asked to do a Video audition for a film, yeah me! But that's not the entire story, you see the other day I saw a casting notice on Backstage that I seemed to be right for and so I applied. And yesterday, I received notice that I passed the first test, that the producer of the film, asked me to do a video audition. Yes, at least I'm still in the running, and I get to perform, and its on video, and I get to act. I get to showcase my ability. Great! 
Of course I was a little confused, because in their email to me, they opened the good news with another actor's first name… not mine. So I queried that, and also mentioned that the included sides I needed to learn which he had mentioned hadn't been included in his message to me. Well a few minutes later I received his response. Yup it was for me, and he made a joke of his error and this time he also included the sides for the part I was gonna be auditioning for.
Well as soon as I printed it out I sat back and went… hmm
You see, it turns out last September I actually had already video taped the exact sides for the same project and sent it to them. Thats right! The funny thing was, I had never heard back so I figured I didn't get the gig... next. But it seems either, they never got it, or the project at the time was put on hold or something. In any event, I guess I passed the first test twice. 
So the good thing is, I have the video on my computer, and tomorrow I'll again be sending them my audition, perhaps this time, I'll hear back from them... if I pass part 2 of the exam.
I queried with a friend if I should re-do the video, but the suggestion I got was to send the original tape and not worry about it. So I guess wish me luck, if anything comes of this I'll let you know. The life of an actor, every day a new role to play.

Until next time,
Neil

No comments: