Monday, February 19, 2018

YUP THATS ME IN THE BACKGROUND…

So last week, I appeared on NBC's historic show, The Tonight Show, currently called The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon. Right up front, I should write that is was 'just' background, but its the Tonight Show, and a dream since childhood came true. I'm telling you, the day before, when I arrived at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, the day before, and took the elevator up to the clothes fitting, trying to stifle the smile on my face was a pretty difficult thing to do. Memories of fantasizing as a kid, of one day being a guest on Johnny's sofa came flooding back. When I was a kid, me and my brothers, were fantasizing to try to 'Stomp the Band' on the show, and sing as what we nicknamed ourselves "The Flat tones" since we were all flat and/or out of key when we sang.  

That said, finding out what the gig was and then spending two days helping to recreate the video of the song that was made famous in the film Pretty Woman was more fun then I can ever explain. Walking on the set, which wasn't shot at 30 Rockefeller Plaza (sorry not sure if I'm allowed to say where, so I'll skip that info). Was eye -opening, because there were the two stars of it, in outfits and wigs, Jimmy had a fake tan all over his face, and arms.  Watching the two play and have fun, laughing at the silliness was better then sitting backhand watching the show at 11:30pm. As the video showcases, we pretty much recreated the video, with lots of people cast to look pretty much like the original video. In mac you can find on youtube, a side by side view of the original and the recreation. There's also an extra 'outtake' video that also appeared on the Tonight Show which like the video, I appeared in is well worth the view. Seriously its pretty funny, mostly because of Paul Rudd's amazing likability and charm.  

Here's the link to the video: I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, even if I hadn't worked on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af6L1jBZGYA&t=97s


Until next time

Neil

No comments: