Monday, December 21, 2015

DAENERYS TARGARYEN 
Mother of Dragons

Art was sketched on Sunday, Dec 21, 2015  © Neil Feigeles  
Hand drawn with Prismacolor color pencils on 24 lb, 8 1/2 x 11 white paper.

Daenerys Targaryen - Mother Of Dragons  
As portrayed beautifully by actress Emila Clarke, on the ground breaking HBO series Game of Thrones. Which of course was adapted from the  George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels. 
I like many who have watched this brilliant series have been hooked from the second I sat down to watch it. Sadly, I skipped it at first, having never read the books (I hear they're good), I honestly wasn't interested in watching another bad sword and sorcery epic attempt on TV. So I decided to miss it. Not the first time I've done a dumb thing. So a week before the second season's finale aired. I decided to watch all of season one and all of season two (up to the next to last episode of the 2nd season ). Figured if I like it, I'd be able to enjoy the finale like everyone else as it was happening.
Well surprisingly to myself, within the first hour, I was hooked. And for the most part have been ever since. Of course the worst part of seeing all those episodes in one big swoop. The finale occurred, and now I had to wait more then a year for the next installment! Yikes. Guess I could have then read the books, but was informed the books weren't exactly like the series... so I will now wait till the HBO series has run its course (if it ever does…) and then its' film (yes oh yes) and then start my reading material for probably the remainder of my life.
Anyway, what hooked me most about the show was Emilia Clarke, her character, her story, but mostly her face. Simply a marvel to look at. A thousand emotions at the same time. Those eyes. Those lips. And that hair (I know its a wig). Simply a brilliantly conceived character, brought to life by a shockingly good actress, who just happens to be perfectly cast. This was my first attempt to try to capture her essence, I think I did, hope you agree.

The art was sketched the old fashioned way by hand on and drawn with PRISMAcolor color pencils on December 21, 2015. The finished art was illustrated on 8 1/2” x 11”  24b white paper
I also scanned my sketch in stages, to showcase this was done by hand ... hope you like…

No comments: