Monday, December 28, 2015


Art was sketched on Monday, Dec 28, 2015  © Neil Feigeles  
Hand drawn with Prismacolor color pencils on 24 lb, 8 1/2 x 11 white paper.

HARRY POTTER, AS PORTRAYED BY ACTOR DANIEL RADCLIFFE,  in the shockingly great adaptation of  J. K. Rowling's terrific series of novels. I honestly went to see the first film, simply cause with the world wide success of the novels, I knew that there would a decade's worth of movies coming out, and I wanted to see the first, get it out the way, so if it was good, great. And if it was bad, I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Luckily for all of us, the movies turned out to be better then anyone could have imagined. And I like many feel under the charms of a very young but talented new comer, Daniel Radcliffe, who totally took on the role and made it come alive. After seeing the first few films, I sat down and read the first books, and thoroughly enjoyed them. Actually me thinks the film adaptations are closer then even J. K. Rowling couldn't hoped for.
As for the art, I decided to sketch Harry, I mean Daniel, at a very young age, when he was visually how I most see Harry in my imagination. The art was sketched the old fashioned way by hand and drawn with PRISMAcolor color pencils on December 28, 2015. The finished art was illustrated on 8 1/2” x 11”  24b white paper 
I also scanned my sketch in stages, to showcase this was done by hand. Hope you like…Neil



No comments: