Sunday, December 27, 2015


Art was sketched on Sunday, Dec 27, 2015  © Neil Feigeles  
Hand drawn with Prismacolor color pencils on 24 lb, 8 1/2 x 11 white paper.

The Walking Dead's Michonne, as played by actress Danai Gurira, is my first attempt at capturing a character from AMC's hit zombie The Walking Dead. Personally being introduced to each new character on this terrific series has for me been an eye opener. To be perfectly honest I had never read the comic book, so my only knowledge of it was from what I had read about or seen on the internet. I do remember when it first came out, but wasn't buying comics at the time, and figured  its a zombie comic, I don't think so. I never said I was smart about my decisions. So now I get the extreme pleasure of discovering the stories and the characters as they appear on the series. It'll be interesting to eventually read the comic and see how similar the two versions are.
Back to the art, I'm thinking of doing an entire series of Walking Dead 'sketches' and this attempt at capturing one of my favorite characters has cemented the idea. That said, my next one, probably will be from another favorite of mine. And hopefully of yours.
As originally created in the comic book, by Robert Kirkman, Charles Allard and Cliff Rathburn, this series has not only conquered the world of television the original comic book is still going strong and is usually one of the highest selling titles.
The art was sketched the old fashioned way by hand on and drawn with PRISMAcolor color pencils on December 21, 2015. The finished art was illustrated on 8 1/2” x 11”  24b white paper 
I also scanned my sketch in stages, to showcase this was done by hand. Hope you like…Neil

No comments: