Thursday, December 17, 2015

"I AM GROOT"

GROOT OF THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

© Neil Feigeles, Friday, December 17, 2015 

"I am Groot"  Groot of the Guardians of the Galaxy © Neil Feigeles,  Illustrated with Prismacolor pencils. Here's my first attempt at capturing the essence of this terrific character. First created by the genius of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby & Dick Ayers, and made into an international icon by the film adaptation, Marvel's Guardians of the Universe, and voiced by the actor Vin Diesel. Sketch out in Prismacolor on 24lb 8 1/2"  x 11" paper.  I must say, I feel in love with the character in the film, and have always loved his secular physical look.

Below is a chart of the finished sketch as I created it using Prismacolor pencils. No tracing just drawing from scratch just like the good old days of pencil on paper. 

No comments: