Wednesday, December 23, 2015

SPIDERMAN
IN PRISMACOLOR
Art was sketched on Tuesday, Dec 23, 2015  © Neil Feigeles  
Hand drawn with Prismacolor color pencils on 24 lb, 8 1/2 x 11 white paper.

Spiderman in PrismacolorActually sketched this while viewing The Iron Giant on television. Watching one of my favorite animated films got me sketching one of my favorite comic book characters.
As created by Stan Lee, Steve Ditko and Jack Kirby, depending on who says what, at least one, if not all three of these geniuses of the comics world, with the aid of one of the greats John Romita Sr., helped launch this amazing creation into the stratosphere of heroic figures who have ever graced our comic book pages.
This isn't my first time trying to bring him to life, but its been a while since I've sketched him out in his comic book form as opposed to his theatrical adaptation. The art was sketched the old fashioned way by hand on and drawn with PRISMAcolor color pencils on December 21, 2015. The finished art was illustrated on 8 1/2” x 11”  24b white paper

I also scanned my sketch in stages, to showcase this was done by hand. Hope you like…Neil


No comments: