Thursday, May 12, 2016

SOMETIMES DREAMS DO COME TRUE
And sometimes it takes forever to share it 


So it turns out life is a stage… I had the great good fortune of being a member of the Thirteenth Street Repertory Company for over a decade, and while trying my best to learn my craft, by performing in plays, doing stand-up, people at the Rep., suggested that I jot my little stories down. Perhaps something good could come of it. 

Those very stories, were developed into the play What’s wrong with this picture? I’m in it!  A  comedic look back at my life, my family, and some of the women I’ve been ‘lucky’ enough to have met in my life.  Greg Vorab, was one of the actor/directors at the rep., who had heard my stories, and lucky for me, he directed the show and guided it throughout its development.

What’s wrong with this picture? I’m in it! was showcased at the Thirteenth Street Repertory Company, in three readings, each followed by a Q and A. It was then produced, as a full blown play & premiered in August of 2003.  It ran for five weeks, with three performances a week.

A revised version of the play, was accepted into, and produced during The 2004 New York International Fringe Festival, and showcased at The Soho Playhouse in New York City. During this run, I got the chance to play Russel, the lead. So not only did I write the play, produce the show at the Fringe, I got the chance to play the lead... not bad for a first time playwright. 

I've adapted and written a screenplay for What’s wrong with this picture? I’m in it! and now its just awaiting a wonderful producer to say hi…

And finally the show is available to view online at youtube. Please check it out:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02JhnyLylgI

Featuring: David Thomas Crowe as Oscar, Louisa Poster as Beatrice/Yenta, Noelle Pastier as Becky/Joanne, Jiffy Reed as Anita/Rosemary, Gladys Murphy Ryan as The Nun/ Shirley, Erika Sumner as Cynthia/Teresa, Cheniqua Carr as Renee, Karen Rousso as Martha, and yours truly, Neil Feigeles as Russel. 
Directed by Greg Vorob, ACR by Marc Seldenstein, & Music by Brian McCallister

RUNNING TIME: The Play begins 00:01:03 mins into it and runs till 01:03:31 mins.   Afterwards,  there are several minutes of after show interviews.  


Of note, the video showcased here was first taped on a VHS camera, and was recently transferred to DVD. That said, if you continue to watch afterwards, you will discover what was originally recorded on it… please disregard, that is unless you wish to watch.   

Until Next Time
Neil

No comments: