Sunday, January 24, 2016

MARILYN IN BLUE
BY NEIL FEIGELES

Art was sketched on Sunday Jan 24, 2016  © Neil Feigeles  
Hand drawn with Prismacolor color pencils on 24 lb, 8 1/2 x 11 white paper.

How do I say this, I think like most, I was instantly mesmerized by the beauty, charm and sweetness of the great Marilyn Monroe. I did however realize at a very young age that not only was she the most beautiful sexy female movie star that ever graced the silver screen, she was also an outstanding actress. Whatever the truth is behind her performances, whatever they needed to do to persuade her to get to set. Whatever the supposed issues that she might have had, honestly all of those means nothing to me. I just have her performances, her appearances, her photographs to remember her by. And if thats all I have, I can sit back and smile. It would have been interesting meeting her, or seeing her in person, because when I attempt to capture her, I can only use other peoples eye. So in fact my portraits of Marilyn is more my interpretations of in this case the photographer's view, then of mine, if I had been the great honor of being the photographer of the original photo shoot. 
This isn't the first time I've attempted to capture her likeness, but it is the first time I've tried in Prismacolor.

I also scanned the art in stages to showcase this was done by hand. 



Hope you like… If you do, and would like to see more, please check out the link: 
Any questions comments, suggestions… commissions… let me know… thanks, 

Neil

No comments: